Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trader Joes Stir Fry Combo


I trust and love Trader Joe's.

Tonight I went easy for dinner and picked up some Trader Joe's Mandarin Chicken and Trader Joe's Stir Fry Vegetables (pea pods, carrots, mushrooms, edamame, onion...) both of which were in the frozen food isle . Added organic brown rice to the mix and it ended up a tasty dinner that hit the spot and I didn't feel like I just ate that horrible Chinese take out.

I used much less oil than was called for but other than that I followed the simple instructions. Basically, you need a two skillets or a skillet (for chicken) and wok (for veggies). Prepare separate because the chicken needs 10 minutes and a bit more oil, and the vegetables only need 4-6 minutes in the second skillet or wok.

No comments:

Post a Comment