Monday, March 29, 2010

Something Satisfying About A Dirty Kitchen Gettin' Clean

Tonight was one busy night in the kitchen! The end result was two yummy meals (including left overs) and one big MESS!

I made two meals tonight; salmon with mashed potatoes and fried zucchini for tonight and mexican stew for lunches and meals while I'm at the gym instead of the kitchen.

Meal #1:
Mashed potatoes with 1/3 stick of unsalted butter and about a 1/4 cup-ish of butter milk. Dirty dishes 2 (including the kitchen aide).
Salomon with a brown sugar, paprika & cinnamon rub and orange marinade. Dirty dishes 3.
Fried zucchini with a panko and Parmesan breading. Dirty dishes 4.

Meal #2:
Mexican stew (greatly modified measurements, just based on what I had). Plus a small bag of corn was added. Dirty dishes 2.

Soup is sitting in the fridge sharing flavors overnight, but smelled great!

And for some reason the stove top was a disaster, but now the whole kitchen is sparkling clean, I feel like I accomplished lots in the kitchen, and our tummies will be full all week!

P.S. I have an amazing husband who just fetched me a glass of Trader Joe's 2-buck chuck wine and it wasn't an easy task with the cork-screw misplaced! Ops! :)

Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment